Gone are the days when you would just visit destinations that have remained popular among your friends, cousins or even colleagues; in today's age of the internet, your ideal and peculiar destination is just a click away.
Nepal has many places to offer where you can trek even during January. Despite the cold temperature, this month offers clear skies, golden sunrise, majestic mountains, and awe-inspiring views.
1. Kathmandu valley trek:
The capital city Kathmandu has the best of both worlds: beautiful landscapes and rich Nepali culture.
Duration: 9 days
Maximum Altitude: 2175 m
Minimum temperature: 2 degrees C
- A chance to observe an eagle’s view of the entire valley.
- Enjoy spectacular views of Mt. Langtang and other Himalayan ranges.
- Visit ancient Buddhist Monastery in Namo Buddha
- Golden sunrise from Nagarkot
- Hiking to Chisapani.
- Explore the local lifestyle of different communities and their culture.
2. Everest View Trek:
Everest (8848m) is home to the highest mountain in the world. Being one of the classic treks of all time, this trek is chosen by tourists who do not have enough time for Everest base camp trek.
Duration: 5-6 days
Maximum altitude: 3860m
Difficulty: easy to moderate
- Stroll around Namche Bazar- the gateway to Mt. Everest.
- A clear view of Mt. Everest and Ama Dablam from Namche Bazar.
- The sight of Khumbu glacier and several icy ridges en route.
- Visit Tengboche monastery
- Explore the daily life and culture of locals of the Khumbu region.
3. Poon Hill trek:
It is one of the most popular short treks in the Annapurna region. This trek is suitable for all age groups, all thanks to its lower elevations and favorable temperatures.
Duration: 4-5 days
Maximum altitude: 3210m
Difficulty: Easy to moderate
- Beautiful golden sunrise and sunset.
- Spectacular mountain views of Annapurna I, II, III, IV, and South along with Dhaulagiri, and Nilgiri.
- Walkthrough the ethnic groups of Magars and Gurungs in Ghorepani.
- The beautiful and picturesque village of Ghandruk.
4. Mardi Himal trek:
Though new and less popular among tourists, Mardi Himal trek is a short and fascinating trek. It is not a difficult trek so, if you are someone with a moderate level of fitness then this is the perfect trek for you.
Duration: 9-10 days
Maximum altitude: 4500m
- Come across the panoramic view of Mardi Himal, Fishtail, Annapurna South and Himchuli peaks.
- Spectacular sunrise and sunsets.
- Clear blue skies in January
- Pass through lush rhododendron forests
Though it might seem difficult to trek in January, with proper preparations, you will be able to experience the best trek of your life. These short treks have nothing but all the good things to offer to you, your friends, and your family.
This January can be a great time to spend your holidays and check off that one item from your bucket list.
Gift yourself this trek as a New Year’s gift.
Begin your new year with this exhilarating trek and make a commitment to achieve new resolutions.
Even if you look down, climb up. Give yourself a chance to conquer all your fears as a reminder that if you want, you can achieve anything.
In a world where you can be anything, Be FEARLESS.
See you this January.Happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!